Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Getting Ready for YBC 2014

Dear Readers,

Hello!

The Olive Plants are still alive and well and birding!

Two years ago, I was diagnosed with an auto-immune condition, MCTD, and have since been diagnosed with lupus as an overlap condition.

For this reason, I have had to put many projects, including my Birding 101 series, way, way back on the farthest back burner. :)

After a few months of immunosuppressive therapy, which has included giving myself weekly injections of a drug used in chemotherapy, I am starting to feel better than I have in a long time. I may get back to writing soon.

Today, I would like to ask you to support my sons and their birding teammates in a fundraising effort for the ABC. You can read all about it here. As an avid birder myself, it is exciting to see young people enthusiastic about enjoying the creation. (Yes, I am a bit biased where these guys are concerned.) ;-) These young men have worked very hard over the years to be able to identify the birds they encounter, and this year, they hope to reach a record goal of 120 identifications in 24 hours.

Here they are getting ready for the competition.
I hope they remember how to use their binocs
before this weekend!


These young men have been birding together
since they were 4-6 years old!
Click this link for instructions on sponsoring Team Birds of a Feather.

Thank you so much!
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion. Although we welcome differing views, we will not publish comments which are rude, obscene, or belittle others. Thank you for helping us keep Birders for Life a family-friendly, God-honoring site!