Monday, February 14, 2011

Bird Nest Wreath


Now that is is nesting time, I finally made this wreath I have been wanting to make for a long time.

I got the original idea from here.

I originally thought I would make it all "green" and out of all natural ingredients.  But, I decided I wanted red yarn so we could try to see what nests may have our supplies in them.  The cost was less than $10, and happened to be cheaper for me since I had some of this stuff laying around in our craft closet. 

Supplies needed:
  • grapevine wreath
  • Spanish moss
  • raffia
  • feathers
  • yarn (cut into 6 inch strips)
My feathers and yarn were made of polyester, but everything else is degradable.  I just wove and wrapped all the goodies around the grapevine wreath.  I tied the raffia on with raffia, so I did not have to use a glue gun at all. 

Let me know if you make one.  I can't wait to see who will be the first to shop at my wreath for nesting materials!

Heather

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea and will have to make one for us sometime. A bird once nested in the magnolia tree just outside our back door. It used string and twine that it had found somewhere and had a blue ribbon running all along the branches of the tree. It was so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion. Although we welcome differing views, we will not publish comments which are rude, obscene, or belittle others. Thank you for helping us keep Birders for Life a family-friendly, God-honoring site!